God’s been teaching me to fly by the seat of my pants over the last several months. I’m learning this isn’t just for a season – it’s something I’m adopting as a lifestyle. If you know me at all, you know flying by the seat of my pants is not second nature to me. I’ve realized that for me, it all boils down to trust. Who am I going to trust? Will I trust my well-thought-out plans? Or will I trust God who knows all, who is I AM, and who thrives in the interruptions of life? I’ve made up my mind. This is my decision. I’m moving forward free and unfettered as He’s asking me to do, living carefree in the care of God, trusting Him, my one and only constant. Why? Because He's Worthy! Will you join me in this wild and exhuberating journey?

Sunday, May 1, 2011

California Bound

Do you remember my first post on this blog? It had to do with 2011 being the year of transition. I’m excited to finally be able to share with you what this means for me personally. To make a long story short, God is leading me in a new direction. I’ve have been accepted and will attend Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry (BSSM) in Redding, California beginning this September. It’s not a decision I’ve made lightly. In fact, I’ve been processing this for a while, have spent much time in prayer seeking God about this, and have sought the council of family and friends including one of my pastors and his wife. I have such a peace about it that I know is only from God.

I’ll give you a bit of the story that has brought me to this point in my journey. I encountered God in an amazing way when I attended a conference in South Carolina last summer. Not only did I see hundreds of people healed from a variety of illnesses and physical impairments, but I myself was healed from my low blood sugar issues. Since the conference, God has given me several opportunities to pray for family and friends. As I prayed for them, I witnessed God heal them! Because of these encounters with God and His healing hand, I’ve arrived at a place where I cannot deny the power of God and His supernatural ways. Out of that, I’ve recognized that God has given me - and all Christians - gifts through the Holy Spirit. Not only do I want to be a good steward of the gifts the Lord has given me, but I also realize I have a lot to learn about operating in the power of the Holy Spirit. It is my desire to be the Lord’s handmaiden and serve him whole heartedly, and in order to fulfill that desire and calling, I believe I need to be equipped to serve by the power of the Holy Spirit.
That brings me to my future plans at Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry in Redding, CA. As I've completed my research regarding prospective ministry schools, I've found that Bethel is well respected, theologically sound, and where I feel the Lord is leading me right now. Bethel has both a school and a church. The Senior Pastor, Bill Johnson, is highly respected by many. He was one of the main speakers at the conference I attended last summer. Perhaps you’re wondering about the term “supernatural” in the name of the school. It simply means that the same Holy Spirit that resided in Jesus and the disciples in Biblical times and empowered them to heal the sick, cast out demons, and raise people from the dead resides in believers today and enables Christians to do things that are impossible in the natural. My desire is to see Jesus glorified as the Holy Spirit enables me to live a supernatural lifestyle.
My current plan is to attend the first year of training from September to May, however second and third year programs are offered. I will continue to seek the Lord in next steps as the conclusion of the first year draws near – knowing that God may lead me to continue or He may lead me to proceed according to my initial plan.
The decision to leave my community here in Fort Wayne has been difficult! This transition is bittersweet in many ways. I’m leaving friends I dearly love, a job that feels like it was custom-made for me, and an amazing church. I’m so grateful for the incredible people I’ve been blessed to do life with here. I will greatly miss them but fully intend to continue our friendships! Modern technology has made the world so much smaller enabling us to stay connected while thousands of miles apart. I’m so thankful for that and plan to stay connected in this way. While the cost is great for me, the reward will have no equal.
After I graduate from BSSM, I plan to move to Bloomington, IN, a place that has been my home away from home for many years. I’ve connected with several young women at a Missionary Church in Bloomington, and I’m excited to become involved there. Not only that, but my best friend’s parents have offered their basement as a place to stay for a time. In addition, I will only be an hour and a half away from my parents – being close to them is a luxury I have not had for ten years. I don’t have a job lined up in Bloomington yet, but I know God will be faithful to provide in His perfect timing. Moving to Bloomington in many ways is a journey toward home for me. I do know the three hour trip between Fort Wayne and Bloomington really well…so I suspect all of you in Fort Wayne will see me around from time to time!
The Lord has blessed me in ways that are beyond comprehension for me sometimes. One of the many blessings is that I am able to pay the complete tuition for my first year at BSSM. Thank you, Dave Ramsey, for sharing your financial wisdom! I know many of the students attending BSSM don’t have that same luxury and often send out support letters to raise their tuition. I’m excited to say the most helpful support I can receive from you right now is your prayers! Please pray for me in this transition as the Lord brings me to mind.
Thank you for your encouragement and support in this eventful season! I’m thrilled, excited, and beyond thankful for this opportunity.  Can’t wait to share how the Lord continues to move in my life!

1 comment:

  1. So so so so happy for you. Glad I finally got to catch up on this whole process. I'll miss you like CRAZY while you're gone, even if I rarely get to see you anyway. I can't believe the year I leave Bloomington is the year you move here!! Ah, well, maybe after I graduate COLLEGE (phew, that seems like a long time away) we'll actually get to live in the same town! <3 I will be praying for you and your journey. I love you!

    ReplyDelete